Friday, February 27, 2009

A Hard one

Am not sure where to begin, we were just getting back to normal after my uncle’s demise and we got another heart breaking news - my granddad passed away on 14th Feb. I am not sure as to what is happening… my guess is he was too grieved about my uncle’s death and he just couldn’t take it ahead.

It all happened when he was coming to meet my mom and to participate in my sister’s wedding last Friday. Since all the invites had already been sent we had to get on with the wedding, my grandpa wouldn’t have liked to postpone it, in fact he was the one who insisted my mother to continue with the preparations after my uncle passed away. And that’s why we went ahead.

Due to the wedding we really haven’t had the time to mourn but it is really heart wrenching, to think of him. In spite of oldness I cannot forget he traveled all the way from North India to the south to attend both my engagement and wedding ceremony. That is something which I will always cherish all my life! I owe even my wedding to him, he pushed my mother to the alliance…

I spoke to him last on the 12th Jan 2009 and he insisted to come and meet him ASAP. I still go through that conversation even now, I wish I had heard him, at least I didn’t have to carry that thought now.

One thing I realize with all that’s happening at home, Life is too short and unpredictable, it’s better to keep in touch rather than repent later for there is no afterlife and the guilt is tooo heavy to carry.

2 comments:

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

My heart goes out to you Sapna. I am sorry for your losses. Take good care of yourself and let time heal you.

Marilee Rockley said...

I am sorry for your loss. Your Granddad sounds like he was a wonderful man. I hope you will find consolation and peace.