Thursday, June 26, 2008

Not tatting at all!

It’s been quite long since my last post and so thought I’ll just put up an update. There hasn’t been much on tatting lately or I should say there hasn’t been anything at all on tatting.

My sister was down here with her kids for a couple of months and in my spare time I volunteered to baby-sit them just to pull off her strain! And now I am stressed!!!

Both the kids are big bullies and it is a task. The older one is nearly 5 years old and is an ADHD child… so while my sister would run around him (caution – literally run around cos this guy refuses to even sit for a while – except of course in the night when he sleeps) I decided to take up the younger one. He is about 4 now and full of questions! Phew! Sometimes I would just get exhausted talking to him, and my, they have questions on just about anything and everything. For example, why is the rose red??? Or why doesn’t the terrace be downstairs instead of upstairs:-0

Now since I am not a mother and have no clue as to how to take care of them this astounded me.

Thankfully for me when she finally left for her home my husband had arranged for a 3 day outing with his friends. That came as a boon for I was totally stressed out.

I celebrated my birthday on 8th of June this year. The fear of getting old restricted my celebrations and the day eventually turned out to be a family and a teary affair as my sis and her kids were leaving that very same day. Now I miss them a lot. :-( Sigh!

On tatting front – I have a lot of packages arriving from all the online shopping that I have done. I Havent taken Pictures yet to show off!

I am not sure whether I have some tatting project in mind right now, I am busy finishing Nancy Drew series (crazy or what! I am desperate to finish it) – I guess it’s time I had a look at the tatting books I’ve collected.

5 comments:

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

I LOVE Nancy Drew! Everytime I hang out with my nephews I am relieved that I am not a mom yet.
They ARE exhausting!
Other people's kids are the best form of birth control.

Tattycat said...

I'm glad you had time with your sister and your nephews. They do sound quite the job. I'm sure she appreciates your help very much. What you see as having stressed you out was probably a life saver for her! You will soon be rested and ready to tat again!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Belated Happy Birthday! Sounds like you've been busy! I used to love Nancy Drew... she was so much braver than I could ever dream of being!

Unknown said...

Wow, they sound like intelligent children...those inquisitive minds...LOL! Can you imagine that on a full time basis? WOW!!! No wonder you've escaped through Nancy Drew. I loved that series...hey, at least it's wholesome reading!

Sapna said...

See I knew I am not alone when it comes to Nancy Drew! My husband keeps making fun of me each time I take it to read. Well what does he know!!!!!

Sherry You bet they are... I am under family pressure these days to have one... people say I am getting old!!! :-(

Laura - Yes you are right, it would actually give her plenty of time to think about herself and one way I am glad that I would be of any help to my dear sis. She so truly deserves it.

Thanks Diane so many Gemini's in the tatting club!

Tatting chic - hehe yes they do sound like intelligent minds, don’t they??? I have no clue what kind of a mom I'd turn out to be. I am just relieved - not just yet.